It's taken over a month, but my freezer is almost cleared out. This is good news, because I have already scheduled 4 freezer cooking sessions for December to prepare a bunch of holiday treats!
- Monday: Lasagna (using Lasagna sauce that I quickly made last week before leaving town to use up my fresh produce. Find more ideas for using up perishables before leaving town here!)
- Tuesday: Soy Glazed Salmon (salmon from the freezer), Sesame Baby Bok Choy, steamed broccoli, and soba noodles
- Wednesday: Sauerbraten over Mashed Potatoes (I'll admit it--I use a Knorr package seasoning for this recipe. I add onions, peas, and sour cream for my own version, the stew meat is from the freezer.)
- Thursday: Black-Eyed Pea Hambone Soup (from the freezer) with cornbread and steamed green beans
- Friday: Leftovers
- Saturday: Marinated Flank Steak (from the freezer), Brown Rice Pilaf, Steamed Vegetables
- Sunday: Baked Chicken Tenders (coating from the freezer), Mashed Sweet Potatoes, and Steamed Vegetables
- Monday: Leftovers... or Spaghetti and Meatballs (from Trader Joe)
Even thought I'm not trying to, I will add to the freezer this week even while I am clearing it out;I should have a few pieces of Lasagna left over to freeze for quick lunches--if I manage to freeze it before someone eats it, that is. I'll also freeze some leftover mashed sweet potatoes so that I can make Sweet Potato Biscuits.
Note that none of this menu includes turkey! We were out of town for Thanksgiving, and I wasn't able to bring any leftover turkey home. My relatives did feed some to this 6-foot alligator in the back yard, though. (From a distance!)
I haven't decided whether to make a turkey this holiday season or not. Is it worth it or not?
Find more meal planning inspiration at Orgjunkie.com!