Sweet Asian Marinade and added it to 3 bags of boneless skinless breasts. I was originally planning 4 bags, but my 8 year old is eating like crazy these days, so I made 3 larger portions. In the past I would stretch 3 chicken breasts for 4 family members by serving it sliced like this:
|Cooked Chicken is way more appetizing in pictures! ;)|
I also made up a double batch of Baked Chicken Finger Topping--this is a nutrient-rich breading for chicken that helps get a bit more fiber in my kids' diets. I store it in a freezer bag and pull out just enough to bread the chicken I need for dinner. By portioning carefully, I will have just enough for 3 meals.
The final count: 11 Meals! Only 10 are pictured here because we already ate one meal. :)
- 3 Meals of Sweet Asian Chicken Breasts (4 per meal)
- 3 Meals of Molasses Glazed Chicken Thighs (10 per meal)
- 2 Meals of filleted chicken breasts (no marinade, can be used plain or for Lemon Chicken)
- 3 Meals of tenderloin sized cuts of chicken breasts (no marinade, can be used plain or with Baked Chicken Fingers, Pumpkin Seed Crust, or Honey Mustard Chicken)
- 1 bag of Pumpkin Seed Crust (made previously)
- 1 bag of Baked Chicken Finger topping
11 meals, 2.5 hours of work over 3 days... and they all fit in the freezer!