Thursday, June 6, 2013

Freezer Meal Session: 24 lbs of Chicken Part 2

I had another 45 minutes time frame today during which I wrassled with more raw chicken!

I used paper towels to remove some of the moisture from the chicken...
But I reminded myself, after messing with chicken both yesterday and today, I'll have tons of chicken prepped for future meals, no handling/cutting/drying required!

The 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs (30 total) are perfect for three 10-piece meals of Molasses Glazed Chicken Thighs--super delicious and quick on the grill! AND I know from experience that a double batch of marinade is enough for 3 meals' worth of chicken, so I doubled the recipe.
Makin' Marinade
I had all the ingredients on hand (molasses, soy sauce, olive oil, fresh lemons for lemon juice--worth it), plus garlic, salt, and pepper. I recommend distributing the garlic, salt, and pepper to the individual bags before adding the marinade.
And then mix the contents together before freezing.
I had a few extra minutes, so I prepped the large quantity of garlic that I will need for the next marinade. I decided that 20 was plenty. :)
And that was it! One more marinade, and one batch of chicken tender topping, plus a final count of meals, then I will be done! Read about it here.



No comments: